It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 am (UTC [ DST ])

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New A11 Control to my collection, help with proper ID.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:00 pm 

Hi there folks!

I have just received this A11 Control block and would like some help from more advanced collectors to assist me in completing my notes before I enter it into my collection.

I apologize if the following questions seem basic and I hope no one feels as though I have wasted their time.

Controls: Is this A11 wide? The note in my SG Vol.2 states the spacing between the figures at foot is 1.5mm for 'close' and 2mm for 'wide'.

Perforations: Are these perf type 2 Left feed?

Plate Markings: Would this rule be considered broken under EP of R.20/11? Is the Dot R.20 right side enlarged making this Plate 3b?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

Attachments:
1676_1.jpg
(4.65 MiB)
1676_2.jpg
(3.16 MiB)

Post subject: Transfer from previous board: original post 1679
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Skilo
Your control strip is A11 (wide) and perf. Type 1a (top feed) from Plate 3a. Here's a link to my sheet on this plate, which includes examples of what I believe are Plate 3b. (there's a bug in the Discussion Board program which means the link will probably appear in the browser with unwanted characters at the end -- simply delete them and it should work; if not, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your browser (as you suggested in your other post)).

http://www.mjpublications.com/downey/do ... late_3.pdf

Best wishes

Mike

Post subject: Transfer from previous board: original post 1682
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have corrected my notes and appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

I was able to access the .pdf you linked and am quite honestly blown away! The words 'Fantastic' and 'Exceptional' are the first to cross my mind! I am truly impressed with the level of study shown and at the amount of work you have put into your page! Does this mean you have a 1d. Downey Book published or in the works? Count me in for a copy if so!!

I have added a close-up of R20/12 NE corner to show that my copy I believe also has the Tiny frame break at NE corner. I noticed this break when I had first looked at it when it arrived, and am now happier than ever to have this in my collection!

Thanks again for your help Mike,

Shawn K