Pre-cancelled booklet

The first watermark "Profile Head" issues.
earsathome

Pre-cancelled booklet

Post by earsathome »

Image Image Image

Hello All,

We have a booklet BB6 2s. 0d. pre-cancelled which has the Type I precancel except that the date and month are reversed to that shown in the SG Part 2 - double circle with curved bars. Is this unusual or do SG only illustrate one type?

Also on this booklet I believe the back cover has been replaced. The catalogue shows the back cover front and back carries advertisements whereas this one is blank. Also the card is different, thicker than the front cover and not well cut and showing a pencil line where cut.
I very much doubt that this was officially done, but is it possible, particularly being pre-cancelled.

Any information appreciated.
Regards.
Ron and Eunice
earsathome

Transfer from previous board: original post 1795

Post by earsathome »

Image Image

Hi All,
As a follow up to this query - I came across a couple of photocopies tucked away with some coil leaders.
With them was a typed note on part of an album page with the following text-
Stamp Booklets.
In 1907 the interleaving was used for Post Office advertisements and in 1908 commercial ones were allowed. In 1924 the first issue
was made with an advertisement on an empty space se-tenant with a stamp, as displayed below.
Unquote

So it would appear that this booklet had been 'exploded', photocopied for display and then re-assembled.

As there has been no response to my original query, I wonder if I should have posted it in the "booklets" section?

Regards
Ron.