Plating Booklet Panes

Anything relating to British stamp books and booklets.
John

Plating Booklet Panes

Post by John »

Wilding Stitched Booklets - Does anyone know if it is possible to plate booklet panes of 6 and if yes is there any information available to help me?
robinT

Transfer from previous board: original post 1467

Post by robinT »

It is usually impossible to plate specially printed booklet panes - unless you have access to a primary sheet - even then there needs to be a considerable number of flaws to consider.

Certain panes such as corner panes may exhibit definite characteristics - but the basic answer is no way.

Later machin folded booklets were possible to plate because primary sheets were available and
information recorded

Students of Wilding booklets and their predecessors were so wrapped up in the stamps and/or complete booklets that much information was never sought, never mind recorded.

Sorry
Robinr

Transfer from previous board: original post 1478

Post by Robinr »

Hi Robin T and John,

To my surprise, I found an attempt to plate some KGVI booklet panes, tucked away in my not-looked-at-for-30-years drawer of KGVI. That was a couple of months ago. We're now travelling, visiting children and grandchildren, but will be home 7th of November. Soon as possible afterwards, I'll dig this material out, and see what I can make of it to scan and post here.

Cheers,

Robin R
Robinr

Plating Booklet Panes

Post by Robinr »

Hi All,

Herewith a couple of reconstructions from several.

I must admit to being absolutely in the dark as to what I have here, so if any of you geniuses who specialize in booklets can explain and enlighten me - I'll be delighted.

Apologies for the weight of the scan, I thought it best to put quality first so that you can see the details.

Cheers, Robin R.
Attachments
1489_1.jpg