Questa 10 x 2nd Misperf Booklet

Anything relating to British stamp books and booklets.
Barry_Smith

Questa 10 x 2nd Misperf Booklet

Post by Barry_Smith »

I have two Questa Booklets in my collection (I use MBPC Catalogue numbers and these are DB19(11). The scans attached are of two slightly different right perforation shifts. On the complete pane the shift is 5mm to the right – so that the perforations go through the “n” of 2nd whilst on the partial pane the shift is 6mm right - so that the perforations go through the “d” of 2nd. Both booklets have cut perforations.

On both booklets the part of stamps 1 and 6 that is to the left of the perforations is attached to the cover, just as the selvedge would have been. There is a 6.5mm wide white right edge on the compete pane, measured from the stamp frame to the perforation tip . The difference in the shift of the perforations suggests to me that the booklets were not produced at the same time.

Also of interest is that the phosphor bars are central between the perforations and not central on the stamp; that is the phosphor bars are in the correct position relative to the perforations but not to the stamp frame!

Given that I suspect that both the stamp and the phosphor were printed before perforation can anybody explain to me why the phosphor bars are correctly positioned for the perfs but not the stamp?