Large "Post Office Closed" display board free to a good home

Spare items offered to other members for free, or for just the cost of delivery!
mozzerb
Site Admin

Large "Post Office Closed" display board free to a good home

Post by mozzerb »

This is a largish (29"x20" approx) board with the legend "Post Office Closed", which was given to me many years ago and has been lying around since then.

I don't know the origin -- probably it came from a sub office and was put up at the close of the day's business, but your guess is as good as mine as to which one. (I was given it by a member of the Torquay PS, so possibly Devon?) From the look of the Post Office logo I would guess it dates from somewhere between the mid-1950s and the mid-1970s. There's a National Savings sticker on the back which looks like it was added later.

I've never actually done anything with it and don't really have a place for it, but it seems a shame to just throw it away. So if anyone would like this, they're very welcome to it provided there's no net cost to me! I have no idea how much it would cost to post, and suspect it would be better handed over personally at a GBPS meeting/Stampex/whatever -- please ask if you're interested.
Attachments
post-office-closed1.jpg
post-office-closed2.jpg
Regards
Maurice Buxton