EDWARD CYL. 2 NO DOT FLAWS

Material relating to the philately of the reign of Edward VIII.
MIKE

EDWARD CYL. 2 NO DOT FLAWS

Post by MIKE »

Can anyone provide details or any info relating to a link between the existence or non-existence of the marginal blemish flaw in Cyl. 2 No dot and the Hair flaw.
I have a lesser marginal flaw with an obvious retouch to the hair but also an unblemished margin with no apparent flaw or retouch to hair and then the slightly more developed margin flaw with wings and again no apparent flaw or retouch.
Appreciate any response - new member floundering on this one!
earsathome

Re: EDWARD CYL. 2 NO DOT FLAWS

Post by earsathome »

Hello Mike,
Robin Restall has a four page article in the GB Journal Vol 53 No 2 March/April 2015 "The Case of the Curious Coif".

You say you are a new member so presumably you have not seen this.
If this is the case, if you advise your e-mail address, either Robin or I could send you scans of the item.

As a matter of interest, you have posted your query in the wrong section which may have some bearing on the lack of replies.

There is a section devoted to KEVIII and this area, pre-stamp is pre 1840.

I don't know if your original query can be transferred to the relevant section, but that would probably be up to the moderator.

Best wishes.

Ron
MIKE

Post by MIKE »

Dear Ron - many thanks for the reply, I would appreciate a copy of the article - my email address stratford.mike@gmail.com
Being a new member the site is a little hard to initially use but I will eventually crack it!
Again thanks for the response - Mike
earsathome

Post by earsathome »

Hello Mike,
Not a problem. Thanks for the e-mail and I will sort it out today.
This board is a doddle when you have used it a couple of times :D
Regards
Ron.
MIKE

Post by MIKE »

Sir you are an absolute hero, the article is brilliant and very informative but and a big but - I now have to get all states! I have three (1st, 2nd and what?). The article says state six is a hair flaw with tail and halo at top, mine has no longer got the upward stem, no halo just a couple of dots near the head and a vague look alike retouch? but there is what appears a retouch/flaw near the crown - like the pearl flaw. So a huge thanks for the email and a rabid search for more cylinders!
Mike
earsathome

Post by earsathome »

Hello Mike
No worries. Glad it was of some help to you.
I have passed your comments on to Robin to keep him up to date.
Happy hunting
Regards
Ron