WHAT PRICE FOR A STAMP ?

General postal history discussions on any topics we don't have a specific category for.
Wilding Mad

WHAT PRICE FOR A STAMP ?

Post by Wilding Mad »

Having recently joined this society I look forward to reading various aspects in the GBJ and newsletter issued every two months, but to my dissatisfaction the package they arrive in bears no stamps with only a prepaid Royal mail label printed on the envelope.

Being a society that prides itself on the promotion of stamp collecting, I find it rather daunting that for the sake of a small percentage discount on the postal rate, that this system is used and not real stamps being affixed.

Is it not a principle to practice what one preaches ? Perhaps this should be discussed at a meeting, however, this is just to air my view on the matter, it's not much to ask and perhaps other members seeing this may also agree on this issue !

Really !!! Has it come down to this...........
IMG_20201015_110112.jpg
I would also like to add to the above fact that many dealers are selling valid postage at rather a good discount at the moment if the GBPS want to save a few pennies.

I await any response that might be forthcoming
Thanking you, Wilding Mad.
admin
Site Admin

Re: WHAT PRICE FOR A STAMP ?

Post by admin »

As I understand it, the magazines are enveloped and sent direct from the printers -- so postage is paid by whatever method they adopt. It's unfortunate, but stuffing several hundred magazines into envelopes and posting with stamps six times a year would be a major job for whichever poor member got landed with the task!
Wilding Mad

Re: WHAT PRICE FOR A STAMP ?

Post by Wilding Mad »

Based on your answer it would seem that real stamps are out of the question, such is progress ! WM