Scottish Postal History Society

British postmarks of all kinds and eras.
Galveston

Scottish Postal History Society

Post by Galveston »

Anyone know if this organization http://www.sphs.org.uk/index_files/scottishpost.htmlis still active? I’ve send an email or 2 over the course of the past long number of months inquiring about literature, but never get a reply. Have sent emails to the Publications Officer : lyn@myreton.com

Tks for any Help!
Keep On Stamping
Winston W

Re: Scottish Postal History Society

Post by Winston W »

The society was active last year on that website, but I don't know if the specifics of the literature contact is still active.

The Scottish Postal History Society does have a Facebook page that might be able to help you if you wish to become a member https://www.facebook.com/groups/383853733497588
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

Winston W wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:51 pm The society was active last year on that website, but I don't know if the specifics of the literature contact is still active.

The Scottish Postal History Society does have a Facebook page that might be able to help you if you wish to become a member https://www.facebook.com/groups/383853733497588
Thank you. I’m not on FB, but did find Terry Woods, founding member on X. But he looks to maybe not have posted in a long time. We’ll see - gave him a tweet. I also sent an email to the Secretary for the SPHS.

Appreciate the help!
Keep On Stamping
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Lyn Robinson (lyn@myreton.com) has apparently been having some email problems. The SPHS treasurer, Stephen Parkin (stephenrhparkin@aol.com) suggests you email Lyn again and copy him in so that he can ensure your enquiry gets dealt with.
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

Mike Jackson wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 pm Lyn Robinson (lyn@myreton.com) has apparently been having some email problems. The SPHS treasurer, Stephen Parkin (stephenrhparkin@aol.com) suggests you email Lyn again and copy him in so that he can ensure your enquiry gets dealt with.
Done. And thanks again! 🤞
Keep On Stamping
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

Mike Jackson wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 pm Lyn Robinson (lyn@myreton.com) has apparently been having some email problems. The SPHS treasurer, Stephen Parkin (stephenrhparkin@aol.com) suggests you email Lyn again and copy him in so that he can ensure your enquiry gets dealt with.
Soooo, I was finally able to get the Kirkwoods proofs and the SPHS back issues. BUT, this I was unaware of, each are single page .jpeg scans, not in .pdf form. For instance, a rough estimate of the back issues for SPHS newsletter are about 1700 individual image files that have to pulled up one at a time in order to be able to read.

Can anyone recommend how to turn these into easy readable .pdf's ?
Keep On Stamping
Winston W

Post by Winston W »

To easily read one issue at a time, you could put each scanned page of a SPHS Newsletter issue into a Word document and then save as a .pdf file, if that is what you want.

But if you want the file to be searchable for the written word, you would need OCR software in the first instance.

The Scottish Post (The Journal of the Scottish Postal History Society) is however published in .pdf readable form.
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

ok, thanks. Looking for an easier way to get this done. I guess I assumed that the usb I purchased with back issues would be in traditional .doc or .pdf and not individual .jpeg format. Makes it terribly hard to read.
Keep On Stamping