The British Philatelic Bulletin was an official monthly publication of the Royal Mail aimed at stamp collectors, supplying detailed information about forthcoming British stamp issues, together with a range of articles about earlier issues from philatelists.
The first Bulletin was published in September 1963, shortly after the formation of the Philatelic Bureau. Volumes 1 and 2 were simple newsletters, and at first were duplicated from typewritten originals on Bureau notepaper, but subsequent editions were A5 size and professionally produced in full colour. Unfortunately, due to falling subscriptions the Bulletin was cancelled as of the end of volume 59 in August 2022.
With permission, a complete archive of scanned copies of all editions from the beginning in 1963 to the end in 2022 is available for download here.
If you spot a problem with any PDF (or can improve on the copies we have), please contact the .
Thanks to all those who offered assistance, and especial thanks to:
- David Watson for supplying the bulk of these as PDFs
- Chris Jones for digitising others on his book scanner
- Ian Boardman for PDFs of volumes 56-59
- Mike Mood for original scans of the first two volumes
- Malcolm Codd for scans of several missing editions
- Colin Hanson for supplying several volumes to scan