Alf Kirk Rosebowl
Harry Dagnall Award
Literature Field Award
GB Journal Cup
There are five Awards which are given to mark significant achievements in the field of GB philately, or contributions to the Society. The candidates are discussed at the last GBPS Council meeting before the AGM every year, and the awards for best article and best display voted on. The other awards are given at the discretion of the President, in consultation with the GBPS Past Presidents or Vice-Presidents.
The Awards are presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- The President's Prize for research was presented by Harold Fisher in 1976.
- The Literature Field Award for a book or major work was presented by Messrs Woods of Perth (Printers) Ltd in 1987.
- The Harry Dagnall Thank You Award to acknowledge a significant contribution to the Society was presented to the GBPS by Harry in 1992.
- The GB Journal Cup for the best article in previous year's volume of the GB Journal was presented to the Society by Alan Gilbert in 1994.
- The Alf Kirk Rosebowl for best display was introduced in 2001.